The clocks have gone back and the nights are drawing in. When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing nicer than being in your cosy, warm home – somewhere you feel safe and secure. Sadly, all too many people in Scotland don’t have a permanent place to call home.
This Christmas there will be over six and half thousand children who are homeless in Scotland. They might be living in overcrowded conditions, or they might be living with the threat of eviction, or they might be in temporary accommodation and wondering how Santa will find them this year?
That’s where you come in. Here at Shelter Scotland, we help hundreds of children whose families are supported by our services. You can give them a Christmas to remember for the right reasons, by being one of our Social Media Santas.
Social Media Santa was launched in 2012 by Ross McCulloch – Director of Third Sector Lab – and for the last 7 years the generosity of our supporters, like you, has helped spread a little Christmas cheer to families across the country. This year’s campaign is launching today 1st November and will run until 30th November. Please ensure presents reach us by Friday 30th November, to give us time to distribute them before Christmas. Thank you!
If you’d like to get involved and be a Social Media Santa this year, then we have some easy steps to follow:
- Donate money via Shelter Scotland – A £10 donation is enough for one of our expert advisers to help a family at risk of losing their home. Or…
- Donate or buy a gift from your favourite online retailer. Add to basket, use our address at checkout (below) and add a message using the ‘gift’ option if available. (Please remember to include your details so we can send a thank you!) Or…
- Buy a gift from a local shop and send to us or drop it off at our office in Edinburgh. (Again – remember to include your details so we can thank you properly.) Or…
- Send a gift voucher for a high street retailer – these make ideal gifts for teenagers, but also allow parents to choose specific gifts for the whole family.
- Please ensure your gift is unwrapped, so we know what each gift is and can ensure it goes to the most appropriate child. It would be extra helpful if you could include a note telling us what age range your gift is most suitable for.
- Let people know you are a Social Media Santa and use the #SocialMediaSanta hashtag across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to help spread the word!
- Please ensure presents reach us by Friday 30th November, to give us time to distribute them before Christmas. Thank you!
- Treat yourself to a mince pie, you deserve it.
Send your gift unwrapped to:
6 South Charlotte Street,
We really appreciate each and every donation, thank you!