It’s exactly 6 weeks until Christmas, and if, like me, you’ve not started your shopping yet, then we at Shelter Scotland have got an extra good reason to get going.
This Christmas there will be over 6,000 children who are homeless in Scotland. They don’t have a permanent place to call home, and might be wondering how Santa will find them this year. Shelter Scotland supports hundreds of children – aged 6 months to 16 years – throughout the country and you can help give them a Christmas to remember by being one of our Social Media Santas.
Social Media Santa was first launched in 2012 by our friend Ross McCulloch, Director of Third Sector Lab – a specialist digital agency working with charities and social enterprises. For the last 6 years your generosity has helped make Christmas a little brighter for families in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen, South Lanarkshire, Renfrewshire and Dumfries & Galloway.
If you’d like to be a Social Media Santa this year, then there are a few easy steps to follow:
- Donate money via Shelter Scotland – A £10 donation is enough for one of our expert advisers to help a family at risk of losing their home. Or…
- Donate or buy a gift from your favourite online retailer. Add to basket, use our address at checkout (below) and add a message using the ‘gift’ option if available. (Please remember to include your details so we can send a thank you!) Or…
- Buy a gift from a local gift and send to us or drop it off at our office in Edinburgh. (Again – remember to include your details so we can thank you properly.)
- Please ensure your gift is unwrapped, so we know what each gift is and can ensure it goes to the most appropriate child. It would be extra helpful if you could include a note telling us what age range your gift is most suitable for.
- Let people know you are a Social Media Santa and use the #SocialMediaSanta hashtag across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to help spread the word!
- Have a mince pie, go on, you deserve it.
Send your gift unwrapped to:
6 South Charlotte Street,
We will be accepting gifts from today 13th November – 11th December. Please ensure presents reach us by Monday 11th December, to give us time to distribute them. Thank you!